HORN provides comprehensive measurement and control equipment for the melting tank, distributor and forehearths. The equipment is designed on state of the art computer stations with E-plan software. This program assists the engineers in designing and dimensioning the control equipment. Based on HORN's extensive experience, only the most reliable and durable equipment from special suppliers, e.g. Siemens, is used. All the control cabinets are pre-assembled and tested in order to avoid time consuming and faulty assembly on site.
HORN offers functional units for miscellaneous requirements, primarily:
- Temperature measurement and control
- Furnace pressure measurement and control
- Glass level measurement and control
- PLC control unit
- MCC (Motor Control Cabinet) and -electronic within the low voltage range
- SCADA - Computer supervisory system
- UPS – Power unit
For the controlling of the complex technological glass melting process, HORN has developed a four-level operational concept:
- Process supervision and visualization
- PLC - levels with independent operating units
- Back-up hardware levels
- Manual operation level
The aim is to display technical parameters in the clearest and most user-friendly way and at the same time achieve the highest possible safety level. Moreover the control system determines the plant´s financial feasibility as well as the quality of the glass produced. For this HORN provides the most modern control equipment and visualization software to supervise and optimize the glass melting process.